What’s happening to Sunday services at the moment?
We are passionate about your health and wellbeing and are working hard to ensure Christmas services and other events can go ahead as safely as possible, considering the current circumstances.
We have reviewed the latest guidelines set by the Government and the Church of England.
Currently both of our Sunday services are in held in person, with the 10.45am also being streamed live on YouTube.
Here’s how we’re trying to keep you safe:
- Congregational singing will be permitted for those that would like to
- If you choose to, you may sit with others, however socially distant seating will remain in place at the back and sides of the worship space
- Children and youth will go out to their groups after the first song of worship, as they used to before the pandemic
- Hand sanitiser will still be available at various points around the church building.
- In line with currrent Government and Church of England guidance, please wear a face mask while you are inside the church building.
- The doors on each side of the church will remain open during worship to allow air flow to pass through the space
- Holy Communion will continue to be in one kind until further notice, with hand sanitiser continuing to be used when distributing the bread
We ask that as a church family, we are sensitive to those who may be nervous If you are choosing to sit directly next to somebody, please respectfully ask their permission before doing so, especially whilst COVID-19 cases are rising.
We love being able to meet together in person; it will be different, but there is something really significant about being the people of God gathered for worship.
During the week, we come together as a church to worship God in different ways. We mainly do this on Sundays, during our worship services. Underneath the different expressions of worship lie the same values. We want to meet with Jesus, and learn how to make him known throughout our whole lives, both collectively as a church and individually in our personal lives.
Sunday worship services
9.00am – Holy Communion – A more traditional reflective service centred around celebrating communion together. There are no children’s groups at this service, though children are welcome to attend. Expect a liturgical service, where we follow the service using written instructions in service booklets with a talk. There will be plenty of time to meet with Jesus and to reflect. Once a month we replace the talk with a time of Lectio Divina, where we mediate on a bible passage in silence, and share together if God speaks to us about the passage. Please stay for refreshments after this service.
10.45am – Informal worship service – A more informal service with a relaxed feel and an extended time of singing as we seek God together, a talk, and with extra time given for prayer ministry. We sometimes celebrate communion at this service. Children’s groups are available at this service. Come any time after 10.00am to grab a coffee before we start.
You can catch up with recordings of past Sunday sermons here or watch our 10.45 services on our YouTube Channel here
6.00pm on second Sunday of the month – prayer and worship service – We are gathering on the second Sunday of the month to pray for breakthrough within areas of our community and encounter Jesus deeply. There will be a lot of time for worshipping and space for ministry. The next one will take place on January 9th 2022.