What is it?
The Marriage Course is for all married couples, whether you have a great marriage or whether you are struggling, whether you have been married for two years or for thirty years. The aim is to help you to have an even better and stronger marriage.
A strong, loving and lifelong relationship doesn’t happen by chance. It takes effort and dedication to keep the fun and romance alive. We can all learn how to make even the happiest marriage better.
The Marriage Course is a series of seven sessions designed to help any married couple strengthen their relationship. It’s a great opportunity to spend time together as a couple looking at the important issues in your marriage. The course is very practical and will help equip you with the tools needed to build a healthy marriage that lasts a lifetime.
Who’s it for?
It is for any married couple who want to invest together in their relationship. If you have a strong marriage this course will help you make it even better and will reinforce your good habits. If on the other hand your marriage is in difficulty, the course will provide you with very practical tools to help you work through the issues. Some couples who have separated have used the course as a way of getting back together again.
- Dinner – each evening starts with a delicious meal. Over a candlelit ‘table for two’ dinner there’s an opportunity to spend time together as a couple.
- Homework – at the end of each session you will be given some homework to do together before the next session. It isn’t looked at by anyone else and is just for your own benefit to help you continue your discussions at home.
- Coffee and Discussion Time – during the talk there are exercises for you to do together as a couple. During the longest exercise you are served tea / coffee and dessert / cake.
- Talk – each evening a talk is given by a married couple.
There is no group work involved at any stage of the course and at no point will you have to share what you have discussed as a couple with any of the other couples on the course or any of the course leaders.
- Building Strong Foundations
- The Art of Communication
- Resolving Conflict
- The Power of Forgiveness
- Parents and In-Laws
- Good Sex
- Love in Action
Who’s running the course?
The course is run by married couples who have done the course themselves and who have a heart for helping couples strengthen and build their marriages. This year we’re hosting this course in partnership with Highfield Church.
Where is it?
In the ‘Lounge’ within Highfield Church Centre and runs for 7 weeks on the following Thursdays:
How much does it cost?
Cost is £70 per couple to cover meals and materials. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org<;to book a table
When is it?
The course starts on Tuesday 23 January, at 7:30pm and will finish no later than 10.00pm. It will run on the following days:
Tuesday 30 January 2018
Tuesday 6 February 2018
Please note: No meeting on Tuesday 13 February 2018 (half term)
Tuesday 20 February 2018
Tuesday 27 February 2018
Tuesday 6 March 2018
Tuesday 13 March 2018