What’s happening to Sunday services at the moment?
Currently both of our Sunday services are in held in person, with the 10.45am also being streamed live on YouTube.
Although the government has removed many of the restrictions we are still trying hard to make everyone feel comfortable and safe. As such, we will not be going back to a ‘normal’ services immediately, and the return of ‘normal’ will happen very gradually.
However, here are some key points about what will be happening:
- Congregational singing will be permitted for those that would like to
- If you choose to, you may sit with others, however socially distant seating will remain in place
- Children and youth will go out to their groups after the first song of worship, as they used to before the pandemic
- Hand sanitiser will still be available at various points around the church building.
- In line with current Government and Church of England guidance, we strongly recommend and ask you to wear a face mask while you are inside the church building.
- The doors on each side of the church will remain open during worship to allow air flow to pass through the space
- Holy Communion will continue to be in one kind until further notice, with hand sanitiser continuing to be used when distributing the bread
We ask that as a church family, we are sensitive to those who may be nervous about the removal of restrictions. If you are choosing to sit directly next to somebody, please respectfully ask their permission before doing so, especially whilst COVID-19 cases are rising.
We love being able to meet together in person; it will be different, but there is something really significant about being the people of God gathered for worship.
During the week, we come together as a church to worship God in different ways. We mainly do this on Sundays, during our worship services. Underneath the different expressions of worship lie the same values. We want to meet with Jesus, and learn how to make him known throughout our whole lives, both collectively as a church and individually in our personal lives.
Sunday worship services
9.00am – Holy Communion – A more traditional reflective service centred around celebrating communion together. There are no children’s groups at this service, though children are welcome to attend. Expect a liturgical service, where we follow the service using written instructions in service booklets with a talk. There will be plenty of time to meet with Jesus and to reflect. Once a month we replace the talk with a time of Lectio Divina, where we mediate on a bible passage in silence, and share together if God speaks to us about the passage. Please stay for refreshments after this service.
10.45am – Informal worship service – A more informal service with a relaxed feel and an extended time of singing as we seek God together, a talk, and with extra time given for prayer ministry. We sometimes celebrate communion at this service. Children’s groups are available at this service. Come any time after 10.00am to grab a coffee before we start.
6.00pm on second Sunday of the month – prayer and worship service – starts Sunday 10 October, no evening service in December, restarting in January 2022.
Weekday worship services
9.00am – Morning prayer – Join us in the Worship Space for half an hour of prayer.
9.00am – Morning prayer – Join us in the Worship Space for a short time of sung worship, prayer and listening to God.
9.30am – Holy Communion – A short spoken reflective service of Holy Communion.