In light of the current situation with Coronavirus, our building is shut, and we’re not physically meeting together.
But as a church we are:
- reaching out to the vulnerable in our community by delivering cards to individually offer help whilst people are self isolating or socially distancing. Contact Ruth if you would like a bundle of these to deliver in your area.
- using a Facebook group to help our community stay in touch
- using technology like Zoom to meet in our small groups by video conference or by tele-conference. If you’re not already in a small group and would like to take part, please email the team.
- emailing a weekly reflection from the team to our community. If you don’t receive our emails, please sign up here.
- posting on Facebook page and Instagram with the latest news from our community
Resources for our community
Here are some resources that you may find helpful:
- Listen to our past sermons here
- Watch our latest video update from Andy and Nicky – 5th April 2020
- Find Digital Resources from churches around the world
- Small Groups Resource Week Commencing 5th April 2020
- Video Link for Small Group Resource 5th April 2020
- If you find yourself struggling, SO:Linked are a Southampton support network who can offer practical and emotional help to anyone during this time
Reflections for Holy Week
Here are some short reflections for Holy Week. The passages are from John’s Gospel
- Monday’s reflection – Jesus anointed at Bethany
- Tuesday’s reflection – Jesus predicts his death
- Wednesday’s reflection – Jesus washes his disciples feet
- Thursday’s reflection – Jesus predicts his betrayal
- Good Friday’s reflection – The death of Jesus
- Easter Saturday’s reflection – The burial of Jesus
- Easter Sunday’s reflection – The empty tomb
From the Church of England:
- Time to Pray app – everything you need for Prayer During the Day, with variations according to the day of the week and the season of the Church’s year. Download for free .
- Daytime prayer and Night prayer service audio – building on the existing daily prayer feed, this includes daytime prayer and night prayer for each day. It will be available as a downloadable app in the coming weeks.
- #LiveLent: Care for God’s Creation – the Church of England’s Lent campaign for 2020. With weekly themes shaped around the first Genesis account of creation, it explores the urgent need for humans to value and protect the abundance God has created. This daily audio content is available via the app and daily emails. Sign up for free.
- The BBC’s Daily Service and Sunday Worship
- Prayer for the day – each day the Church of England publishes audio and text of the Prayer for the Day.
- Smart speakers – daily prayer and #LiveLent audio content can be accessed via smart speaker apps.
For our leaders
Below is a document explaining our vision for small groups during this time.