Join us in worship.
During the week, we come together as a church to worship God in different ways. We mainly do this on Sundays, during our worship services. Underneath the different expressions of worship lie the same values. We want to meet with Jesus, and learn how to make him known throughout our whole lives, both collectively as a church and individually in our personal lives.
A more traditional reflective service centred around celebrating communion together.
- 9.00am, every Sunday.
- There are no children’s groups at this service, though children are welcome to attend.
- Expect a liturgical service, where we follow the service using written instructions in service booklets with a talk. There will be plenty of time to meet with Jesus and to reflect.
- Once a month we replace the talk with a time of Lectio Divina, where we mediate on a bible passage in silence, and share together if God speaks to us about the passage.
- Please stay for refreshments after this service.
Informal worship service
A more informal service with a relaxed feel.
- 10.45am, every Sunday.
- This service has an extended time of singing as we seek God together, a talk, and time given for prayer ministry.
- We sometimes celebrate communion at this service.
- Children’s groups are available at this service.
- Come any time after 10.00am to grab a coffee before we start.
We hold occasional additional services and prayer & worship evenings
- Various days and times
- Each service has a different area of focus – keep an eye on our What’s On page for more details.
We have kept all our past sermons on the Ascension Southampton Church YouTube.
Where to start with praying
If you can’t join us at one of our services at the moment, use our online pray page for a few ideas on how to worship at home.